SC/DV Major Incident Manager -office based
up to £44k+ben
SC/DV Major Incident Manager – Office based hours 8-5pm nine day fortnight with the second week Friday off.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Major Incident Manager ideally with SC or DV clearance or willing to undergo this to join well established blue chip organisation in Berkshire.
As a Major Incident Manager you will act as the expert on the best practice of Incident & Problem Management in our clients Operation bridge for processes throughout the support environment.
The role requires you to take responsibility for any high visibility and high impact issues that occur within IT and then assist in providing an excellent support solution throughout the organisation at all levels. Taking ownership for matrix-managing and being able to maintain a strong influence within the IT function to drive the team forward and support delivery of the outlined objectives.
You will work as a team of 4 taking an approach that effectively responds to incidents and requires you to be proactive in following up and resolving major incidents by conducting Incident Reviews, initiating the appropriate Problem Management investigations to identify and address Root Cause, reducing reoccurring incidents as well as effectively reporting on those areas.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Accountable for providing proactive monitoring and management of systems via the
usage of suitable tooling.
• Management and ownership of all Incident and Problem Management processes including
a ‘P1’ Major Incident process.
• Champions Function. Market the services and benefits of the IT Services Bridge;
maintain positive public relations profiles with IT and Customers.
• Ensuring that the Operations Bridge is universally accepted as a ‘Centre of
Excellence’ within IT.
• Trend Analysis; ensure that full investigation of issues occurring weekly / monthly
with Root Cause and Plans to prevent re-occurrence.
• Ensure Service Delivery information is available and up to date. (Portal, Pager
updates, briefing etc).
• Conduct ‘IT Customer Surveys’ providing feedback to the IT Management and business.
• Where necessary, matrix manage specific teams in the delivery of service via the
Operations Bridge function.
• Support Service Management in the delivery of services.
• Develops the capabilities of the service to meet the demands of changing business
• Minimise Business customer downtime through pro-active management of Incidents and
• Provide the Senior IT management team with up-to-date information with regards to
• Deliver Ops Bridge Management of Business-Critical SLA’s through proactive
Management / Monitoring of Services
• Manage communications with customers, owning escalated issues through to resolution
on P1 / P2 Incidents
• Continually improve delivered services and process to ensure Customer Service Levels
Benefits include workplace pension scheme, various flexible benefits including life insurance, health cashback plan, holiday insurance, , private medical cover (medical cover comes in to effect after 6 months service)
SO if you are Major Incident Manager looking for your next exciting career move apply now!
• Qualification in ITIL Disciplines and ideally “Service Operation” Related
• Qualification in specific Technical field.
• Experience in IT Service Management, preferably in a Customer relationship position.
• Experience in a specific IT discipline (Telecoms, Infrastructure, Service Desk etc.)
• Experience with dealing with customers and their complaints. Working flexibly to ensure deadlines are met.
• Experience in IT, Incident and Problem Management essential.