Second Line Support Analyst
Second Line Application Support Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Application Support Analystto join a blue chip organisation in Reading on a permanent basis.
This role will be primarily looking after print applications that help customers control their printing, scanning and copying. Application such as Papercut, MyQ, Uniflow ECT.
The Second Line Application Support Analyst role is to support the stable operation of clients Infrastructure and Applications. Providing 2nd line support to all employees that fall under an Annodata Managed Service Contract. This includes company supported applications, troubleshooting computer and network problems, proactively monitoring alerts and determining the source of issue to ensure SLA’s are adhered to. In addition, the role will also involve application and hardware project-based work.
• Interrogation of the Service Desk ticketing system throughout the day to provide effective responses and resolutions to queries or issues. Ensuring that raised tickets are responded to within SLA timescales.
• Responding to calls or e-mails on the service desk, adhering to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
• Carry out installations and configurations of end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
• Support end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products by testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting in order to determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.)
• Conduct updates of network asset management register to ensure that any changes to set up, location or configuration of kit is logged in a timely and appropriate manner, where any additional hardware or software is included within the network component inventory.
• Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data as directed.
• Adhere to business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables.
• Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Perform system backups and recovery with all systems in line with the backup policy as directed.
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights as directed by change requests from the Service Desk and in line with the Network Security Policy.
• Adopt a proactive approach towards all client activities.
• Collaborate with all of the Technical Service departments when required to ensure business objectives are met
• Improved support and operations.
• Improved ROI.
• Improved collaboration, utilisation and efficiencies across technical services.
• Unified team which promotes business strategy and common goals.
• Improve client escalation and resolution process
• Ability to support delivery of projects with chosen technologies
• Improved customer experience and retention.
• Microsoft technologies.
• VMware technologies
• ITIL Foundation
• Previously worked on an IT service desk.
• Understanding of ITIL Practices
• 2+ Desktop, Networking, Server year experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize work under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate and advise technical/service information to different levels.
• Good general overall technical understanding of all new technologies.
• General Support and Operations
• WAN/LAN/Networking skill sets
• Microsoft/VMWare/Cloud technologies
• Good understanding of PC hardware, Microsoft operating systems and networking.
So if you are a second line service desk analyst looking for your next exciting role please apply today
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new post for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS.Back to Jobs