Service Desk Administrator
We have a great opportunity for Service Desk Administrator to join a large IT organisation based in Hampton, Peterborough.
Applicants must live commutable distance from Peterborough as the role will be back in the office soon.
N.B this role will fall within IR 35 so applicants need to have right to work with no visa restrictions or British Passport.
• Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status and progress.
• Escalate incidents where a first time fix is not possible to either 2nd line support or the relevant resolver group.
• Adhering to Incident management procedures.
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
• Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Shift Leader/Team Leader/Service Desk Manager /Service Delivery Manager
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
• Contributing to team meetings.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
• Proven Customer service skills
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP)
• Up to 6 months remote support experience of the following is desirable
o Windows Operating Systems
o Cisco Telephony Systems
o Hardware troubleshooting of both desktop and server hardware.
o Application support of applications from major vendors such as Netapp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc
• Knowledge of supporting various windows applications including MS Office from end user perspective is preferred but not essential
• Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
• Working to SLAs and KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is preferred.
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
• Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Proactive thinking
• Problem management and Problem solving
If you are a charismatic Service Desk Administrator, looking for a fantastic career opportunity then please apply now!Back to Jobs