Service Desk Analyst – Inside IR35
We have a fantastic contract opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst based in Slough.
6 month contract, starting asap. Inside IR35 – Umbrella Contractors only.
The role may involve limited travel to other customer locations.
Role of the Service Desk Analyst:
The team will cover operational hours between 08:00 and 18:00 on a rota basis. Out of hours working may be a requirement to undertake specific projects or accommodation moves for which prior notification will be given and overtime will be paid. On call, the provision of regular support requirements to Clients before 08.00hrs and after 18.00hrs may be required on a rota basis. If applicable an allowance will be payable. A security clearance check via
DBS Certificate is a requirement of the role so if you do not already have one you must be willing to apply on offer
Reporting to the Service Support Lead the Service Desk Support Analyst will:
• Record all support requests received by telephone or email in the Call Logging System
• Follow call handling processes to provide an efficient service for the user including the appropriate use of wrap time, talk time, breaks, hot buttons and logging in.
• Record, monitor, update and respond to support requests in a timely manner, owning each call to completion, or, by reassigning it to other areas of the department, as per process.
• Use remote support tools to assist users and resolve issues, agreeing to customer visits as a last possible outcome/action.
• Undertake the set up and delivery of IT and mobile equipment to users as required.
• Proactively monitor requests and systems and act accordingly to fix issues before they become major incidents.
• Engage fully and be an active participant in all Critical Incident and Problem Management activities.
• Complete all registers as requested eg equipment registers, signing in and out, timesheets etc.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks regularly to maintain asset registers and any Call databases within the Call Logging System.
• Escalate any unusual events or issues to Team Lead / management asap.
• Be prepared to advice, train and cross skill colleagues as an ongoing process to maintain and strengthen team performance.
• Act as a project resource, reporting back to project managers, as required.
• Perform all required as part of the role such that the team will be successful and all arvato / customer KPI targets will be achieved.
• Employ customer focused communication techniques, both written and verbal, in the handling of all requests and face to face communications.
• In every activity, support the business by maintaining a commercial focus in all end user or Client communication.
1. Working in an ITIL environment.
2. Working in a PRINCE2 environment.
3. Working with telephony systems (VOIP/Digital).
If you are an experienced Service Desk Support Analyst looking for your next contract please apply now!Back to Jobs