Storage engineer – 3rd Line – CISCO UCS/NOC/ remote working
We have an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line storage engineer to join a blue chip organisation on an initial 6 month contract, working remotely.
**Role inside IR35 so contractors will need to work through our preferred umbrella provider**
Respond to incidents logged in the Incident Management system and provide end-users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Incident Diagnostics and Assistance
• Log Monitoring and Analysis
• Device Software Upgrades, Patches and Bug Fixes
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise
• Escalate and work with vendors when required
• Setup and complete scheduled tasks when required
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Managers
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management
• Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork
• Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan
• Work with consultants to better understand issues and solutions
• Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required
– At least 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
– Proven Customer service skills
– Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
– Industry recognised qualifications Cisco CCNP DC, or expert knowledge in the below areas:
UCS System (fabric interconnects, IOM’s, Chassis, B blades, UCS manager), C servers, knowledge of storage protocols (iSCSI, FCOE, FC). Virtual Switching (virtual switch, DVS). Bare metal.
– Experience working with VMware and Storage Technologies
– Knowledge of ITIL change process
– Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Punctual and reliable
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution or to identify when escalation is necessary
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members
• Communication and interpersonal skills, including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
So if you are a Storage Engineer looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!Back to Jobs