technical service desk analyst
We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced Service Desk /First Line support Analysts in Hampton, Peterborough. This role is not remote and you would be required to attend the offices.
You will need to have experience of working service desk role.
Shift patterns are below and will rotate between 3 people.
8:30am – 17:00pm
11:30am – 20:00pm
14:30pm – 23:00pm
Contracts min 3 months, with a view to going perm long term.
Answering incoming contacts from customers and to accurately log incidents ensuring all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident. To provide a single point of contact to our customers and to ensure that incidents are fully managed through to resolution.
• Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident as the single point of contact from end users.
• Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status whilst owning tickets through to resolution
• Escalate incidents where a first time fix is not possible to the relevant resolver group.
• Adhering to Incident management procedures.
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
• Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
• Creation of new knowledge articles to improve speed of resolution.
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Manager /Service Delivery Manager
• Work with 2nd Line Analysts/Customer resolver teams to better understand issues and resolutions and increase knowledge/FTF rate
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
• Proven Customer service skills
• Fault diagnosis and rectification
• Minimum of 12 months’ experience as an analyst within a similar environment
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP)
• Knowledge of supporting various windows applications including MS Office from end user perspective (Desirable)
• Active Directory knowledge: Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc
• Routine systems administration tasks –BES, Exchange, Airwatch, and DUO
• Blackberry and iPhone account management and provisioning
• PC Architecture, Citrix, Microsoft 7, MS Office 2010 and 2016
• A good understanding of basic data and voice communications networks and systems
• 12 months Service Now experience desirable
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
• Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Proactive thinking
• Problem management and Problem solving
So if you are a Service Desk analyst with the above skills and experience please apply now!
“In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Back to Jobs