Technical Support engineer -remote working
160-240 per day
Technical Support engineer / Server / Infrastructure engineer – Remote working with occasional travel to sites including West Malling, Reading and Halifax (expenses will be paid)
Key skills: Vmware, Storage and Microsoft Server
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support engineer with both technical and business focussed skills to help with delivery of our clients technical roadmap. The ideal candidate should be technically capable in a range of infrastructure technologies and have experience with project and BAU work. You should be experienced with the design, configuration and support of Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, SCCM, Storage and hardware and can feed long term issues into project roadmaps. You should also have a proven track record of working with project managers and procurement on defining requirements and selecting technology choices from the market.
• Previous demonstrable knowledge and experience to a high standard of working with:
• Windows Server technologies
• Backup and Recovery procedures
• Patch cycles and the importance of maintaining a secure environments
• VMware and storage
• Produce solutions to issues and problems that are unique and bespoke
• Can act as a mentor to junior, less experienced staff
• Able to deliver results – a self-starter and a finisher
• Qualifications preferred but not essential:
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
• Microsoft MCSA \ MCSE
• VMWare VCP6
Our cient is looking to hire someone on an initial 3 month contract.
The role falls outside of IR35.
So if you are a Technical Support Engineer/ Server / Infrastructure engineer with the above skills please apply now!Back to Jobs