Vulnerability Engineer Job
Apply for this Vulnerability Engineer role in Milton Keynes today
We have an exciting job opportunity for a Security Vulnerability Engineer to join a well established organization on an initial contract basis in Milton Keynes. You will act as a primary point of contact for Vulnerability Management (security patch remediation) for all company systems. Ensuring that threats and related exposure or risk to the client is clearly articulated and that the patching of company technology is compliant with security policy and SLAs.
**Role site based and Inside IR35 – Umbrella contractors only**
- Run and support vulnerability management scans across all company systems.
- Interpret vulnerability assessment results using threat intelligence then deliver remediation efforts with prioritization, and report findings.
- Establish and maintain threat intel and vulnerability metrics/KPI’s and regular reporting mechanisms for measuring compliance of vulnerability management.
- Validate proper mitigation controls are in place until remediation activities are complete.
- Maintain patch and vulnerability management best practices to protect against the exploitation of known/detected vulnerabilities.
- Conduct research on the latest threat intel, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Support Threat Intel and Vulnerability Management roadmap, strategy, and playbooks in partnership with appropriate product teams across technology and business units.
- Conduct investigations using software, technology inventories, patch status, and vulnerability exposure.
- Establish strong working relationships with products teams to ensure vulnerability compliance objectives are met.
- Drive to ensure that priorities are given to the remediation and patch cycles
- Creation of management reports and graphs in Office / Power BI
- Technical background in Microsoft Windows systems, Cloud security technologies, and network architectures.
- Expert knowledge of vulnerability management systems (Nessus, Tenable, Qualys etc)
- Understanding of threat actors with the ability to articulate how they operate and demonstrate how they subvert common security controls.
- Strong understanding of network services, vulnerabilities, and attacks.
- Knowledge of application exploits and vulnerabilities. Knowledge of ports and services typical in the configuration of web servers, file servers, and workstations.
One or more of the following qualifications are highly desirable.
- Microsoft MCP/MSCA
- CompTIA Sec+, Net+ level
- Vendor technology trained (certifications) e.g. vulnerability management
- Microsoft deployment technologies such as SCCM & Intune
So if you are a security vulnerability engineer looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS now
Back to Jobs