Business Intelligence Analyst – MicroStrategy
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join a blue chip organisation in Slough on a 12 month FTC. Potentially Remote
• Overall responsibility for the UK BI Reporting, which provides all commercial reporting
• Full ownership of the current reporting architecture and responsibility for administration, design and implementation of future development in line with projects in the BI programme
• Work closely with BI Team & business to deliver all functional reports and dashboards in line with the architecture and design
• Ensure data integrity and consistency at all times, and provide robust technical designs.
• Responsibility for and (to a lesser extent) preparation of necessary technical documentation, including those necessary for support, and technical design documentation to a suitable level for hand-over to BI Team.
• Working with the BI Technical Manager to set and maintain standards and development practices.
• Working collaboratively with project team, Business Analysts and BI Team to develop new and refined business reports.
• Define test requirements and approach for the various report-groups
• Work with business stakeholders to achieve safe transition of reports from the ‘As Is’ to ‘To Be’ requirements in the most efficient way.
• Deliver via Microstrategy the full suite of business reports aligned with a common delivery methodology.
• Working with stakeholders to resolve data / reporting issues through configuration, data cleansing, de-duplication, consolidation and rationalisation of reporting requirements where appropriate.
• Working with BI Team to ensure that the BI Reports are tuned for optimal performance.
• Liaison with business, BI team and extended contracted resource where necessary
• Communicate with technical team / contractors, senior IT management and non-technical user groups to ensure technical solutions are in line with business requirements
• Design / Business Analysis – translation of business requirements into design specifications, data modelling etc.
• Evaluates development and determines between strategic project and change request depending on required effort / complexity.
• Designs large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
• Ownership of developments and amendments in accordance with the design.
• Plans, designs and arranges tests of programs; correction of errors and re-testing to achieve an error-free result.
• Ownership of documentation relating to all work in accordance with agreed standards.
• Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as necessary.
• Takes part in evaluations and reviews of programming methods, tools and standards ensuring standards are in line with market leaders at all times.
• Takes part in reviews of all stages of project development work, and leads reviews of colleagues’ technical work.
• Provides guidance and assistance to the BI Team in any aspect of Report design, creation, testing and documentation.
• Experience in SQL data warehousing and design principals.
• Experience in BI and Analytics related Projects.
• Hands-on experience in Microstrategy Administration, Reporting, Dashboard development and modeling
• Ability to analyse the requirements and design the reporting framework covering various aspects.
• Coordinate with business users to thoroughly understand the business needs, report scope, and anticipated deliverable associated with the data/reporting requirements.
• Running Reports, managing Report Caches and Migrating Projects to Microstrategy Production server after the enhancements are done.
• Experienced in Data Analysis, Identification of dimensions, Facts, Measures and Hierarchies.
• Experience in optimization of code and tuning queries for performance.
• Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
• Ability to perform extensive Quality Assurance (QA) on Microstrategy reports.
• Resolving skills of user-identified functional and technical issues relating to Microstrategy reporting services.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly efficient in problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Willing to learn/work on new technology (Tableau) and have the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
• Good team skills.
• At least 5 years general I.T. experience within an IT development and support environment.
• Experience with Microstrategy 9.4.1
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
• Proven track record in BI project delivery.
• Understanding of MI reporting tool kits (e.g. Tableau, MS Access)
• Degree standard or equivalent
So if you are a Business Intelligence Analyst looking for your next exciting role please apply todayBack to Jobs