Field Service/Mobile/Hardware Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field Services Engineer to join our client on a permanent basis in Dublin.
Working as the Field Services Engineer you will be providing 1st and 2nd line support for both hardware and software issues for all customer contracts located within your assigned region. This role will cover numerous customer sites across Dublin/ Belfast and Cork.
This role will be working Monday – Friday 9am-5:30pm (potential weekend working required on an ad hoc basis)
basic salary up to €27,000 + Company Van + on call allowance + pension, life assurance and access to ongoing training and career development.
On call is paid at €18 per day in addition to basic salary. On call applies 1 in every 3 weeks to provide out of hours coverage.
A snapshot of what you will be doing:
·Provide desktop support including troubleshooting basic hardware and standard software operating system issues and problems.
·Install and troubleshoot desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals, hardware problems as well as desktop applications.
·Perform computer “Break / Fix” support and installation, add, move or change requirements for peripherals and device drivers.
·Perform desk-side support including basic administration of Operating Systems and common off the shelf software systems
·Complete all assigned calls with professionalism and technical expertise, providing quality customer service and support for designated equipment
·Monitor assigned service calls to ensure quality and service level goals are achieved in a timely manner
·Complete all administrative duties including updating of tickets in call management system.
·Escalate problems to the appropriate next level of support when necessary
What are we looking for?
• ·Proficiency in installing, upgrading, building, repairing, configuring, troubleshooting, diagnosing and preventative maintenance.
• ·Up to 3+ years’ direct PC and laptop hardware service experience. Proficiency in desktop support including knowledge of current operating systems.
• ·Basic knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts, DNS, DHCP, VPN and RDP.
• ·May be able to carry out complex or more difficult service tasks with detailed script and technical assistance.
• ·Able to work in various locations at short notice
• ·Good written and oral communications skills with customers and management.
• ·Strong customer service ethos.
Please apply now if you are a field services engineer looking for your next exciting opportunityBack to Jobs