Network Engineer contract. We have an exciting opportunity for a network engineer to join a blue chip organisation on an initial 3 month contract in Portsmouth.
**Role is inside IR35 – umbrella contractors only**
– Responsible for providing the support of client’s network infrastructure, including but not limited to:
– IP Address Management, Proxy Services, Core Routers/Backbone, Network Access Switches, Data Centre Switches, NAC Controllers, Wireless Access Point, WAN Routing services, Internet Access Service (internal -> external)
– Wide Area Network (e.g., core routers, firewalls, and 3rd party network links). Services (e.g., Cisco phones, Skype for business devices, video conferencing units).
– Ensure that all work carried out conforms to client policies and standards. ”
– Responsible for providing the day-to-day Local Support break fix and upgrade functions
which provide first, second- and third-line IT support for the local campus.
– Working technical knowledge of standard systems and business software
– Client facing soft skills
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge
– Works on problems/projects of moderately medium-complex scope
– Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures
– Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
– Typically, 2-3 years of experience
– Ability to provide disposal services
– Able to independently problem solve
– Able to provide feedback on new technical processes to help drive efficiency
– Minimum CCNA
The position will be Monday to Friday and office-based
Engineers will need to be prepared to go through SC clearance process.
So, if you are a network engineer looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, please register with GTS