Network engineer CCNP qual
£61966 per annum
A great job opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer Working with a Blue chip organisation in London.
hours: Monday to Friday, standard office hours
24×7 on call aspect will be required. You will be paid accordingly for this when on call.
Senior Network Engineer summary
This individual will provide on-going day to day support for global data network. This role will serve as level 3 support for all network related support tasks and trouble shooting.
• Ideally Minimum 10 Years of Domain Experience, CCNP Certified
• Design, develop and deploy LAN/WAN network infrastructure
• Responsible for 3rd level troubleshooting for all Lan/Wan alerts and issues
• Responsible for maintenance of all monitoring and reporting systems
• Produce and Maintain documentation related to all systems developed/deployed
• Perform on-call duty for non-business hours support as per shift assignments
• Perform administrative tasks pertaining to time entry and status reporting
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
• Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Excellent network troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly identify and resolve network related issues in smallest possible time.
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly interact with the customer, understand the requirements and communicate with the offshore team. Must be able to participate and represent the team in Change and Incident management meetings
• Troubleshoot routing loops
• Troubleshoot asymmetric routing & STP Loop issues
• Troubleshoot load balancers issues for application flow
• Working on all applications such as SAP, Citrix, Portal, etc
• Working on SDWAN related issues
• Analyzing the outputs of all the tools and making recommendations example: High CPU utilization on core device at Data Center
Implementation of Operational Changes & coordination with project team for project related changes.
Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco ASA, IPS
Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco ISE
Configuring/Troubleshooting Wireless, Cisco AnyConnect
Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
Configuring/Troubleshooting LAN Switching – VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel,
Quality of service configuration
Configuring/Troubleshooting WAN – MPLS, Metro-E
Configuring/Troubleshooting TCP/IP protocol suite,
Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
Configuring/Troubleshooting Network Security – IPSec/SSL VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
Cisco Catalyst & Nexus 9K/7K Series of switches
Configuring/Troubleshooting of Cisco Routers, 3900, 4400 Series
Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco IOS Software
Configuring/Troubleshooting of WAN Acceleration/optimization
Configuring/Troubleshooting of Application Load balancers
Experience with Next Gen Firewalls – Cisco, Fortinet
Experience with Firewall Cloud Services – Zscaler, Umbrealla
SDWAN Experience – Silverpeak/Velo Cloud
Experience with network segmentation – Trustsec, Tetration or illumio
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Able to communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to peers
Open for 24×7 availability
Conduct technical trainings to internal resource
So if you are an experienced Network Engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!
Global Technology Solutions are always receiving new opportunities for both permanent and contract IT jobs. To stay up to date with new job opportunities, register with GTSBack to Jobs