Network engineer – remote initially /possible long term hybrid working
up to 65k plus on call £360 per week 1.5x rate call out
Network engineer -remote working but longer term possible hybrid situation
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Network engineer to join well established blue chip organisation.
As a Network engineer you will respond to incidents logged in the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Firewall Management
• Incident Diagnostics and Assistance
• Log Monitoring and Analysis
• Rule base Auditing and Advisory
• Device Software Upgrades, Patches and Bug Fixes
• Configuration Backup / Restore
• Rule base and Network Configuration Change Management
Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
Provide support as part of the 24×7 out of hour’s rota.
Maintain technical accreditations in line with catalogued services.
Cisco, Fortigate, HP, Checkpoint, F5, Palo Alto.
Escalate and work with vendors when required.
Setup and complete scheduled tasks when required.
Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Managers.
Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
Work with consultants to better understand issues and solutions.
Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
• Proven Customer service skills
• Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
• Extensive knowledge working within a Cisco Switch/Router environment.
• Expert level knowledge in at least one of the following firewall vendors.
– Palo Alto
– Cisco ASA / Firepower
– Netscaler / F5 Loadbalancers
– Cisco Nexus
– HP Switching
– Cisco Wireless (Troubleshooting AireOS and Catalyst controller based deployments)
– Cisco DNA / SDWAN troubleshooting
– Knowledge of ITIL change process
– Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Punctual and reliable
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify
when escalation is necessary
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport,
establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues
in a calm and polite manner.
So if you are a Network engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!Back to Jobs