Network Manager 5003
up to £90k+ben
Peterborough/London – Hybrid
The Network Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Corporate Network and Telephony for the UK & International business entity. This is a key role within our organization, reporting to the UK and International Head of IT. The Network Manager will continue to build and mature our Network and Telephony team and ensure the integrity, security and operational effectiveness of the UK & International WAN, LAN and Wi-Fi networks as Corporate Telephony platforms. We require a strong and pragmatic leader with experience of building high-performing teams, strong working relationships and navigating matrixed organizations.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for all aspects of Network and Telephony for the UK & International business entity.
• Leadership and development as well as the day-to-day operation of the Network and Telephony Team.
• Work closely with colleagues in our North American Networks & Telephony function, ensuring cross-pollination and effective global support coverage.
• Work in conjunction with the Information Security function to ensure that effective security monitoring is in place for all elements of the network and that appropriate response mechanisms exist to address any given incident.
• Design robust, highly available, high-performance network infrastructure involving multiple distributed systems (including data center, LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWAN, Internet, Load Balancers, Firewalls and Network Management Platforms).
• Specific responsibilities include installation, configuration, administration, upgrade, and maintenance of complex systems. Firewall and Firewall Rule Base administration/auditing/change management.
• Participate in an on-call rota to provide out-of-hours support.
• Maximize network performance by monitoring infrastructure; troubleshooting network interruption/loss of service events; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with third-party support resources and fellow IT engineers on network optimization.
• Support all data services across the enterprise; analyzes bandwidth requirements and provide proactive cost and capacity planning.
• Lead network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/ features, and integration.
• Network tool selection and implementation
• On-going maintenance and OS/Software upgrades of all Network and Telephony devices (routers, switches, cubes etc.).
• Work with vendors and escalate accordingly to maintain network and telephony platforms and maintain services.
• Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process.
• Provide leadership to individuals and teams through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management. Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
• Operate the department on a day-to-day basis, to ensure effective and efficient execution of the strategies and ensure high-quality outcomes.
• Develop strong working relationships with other departmental stakeholders, including Legal, Enterprise Risk and Business Process Assurance.
• Create, manage, and publish security dashboards, appropriate to the recipients, to show operational effectiveness.
• Manages and meets system security financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Implements industry-standard information security control frameworks, utilizing templates, implementation plans, metrics and tools.
• Serves as investigative lead for security-related events and/or incidents.
• International travel (5-10%).
What you need to succeed:
• Strong technical background (i.e. hands-on and leadership roles in a Network / Telephony capacity).
• Previous experience with network infrastructure solution design and implementation
• 5+ years of experience supporting global network infrastructure environment with experience configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points, as well as LAN/WAN and Internet Technologies.
• Experience with network monitoring and other network administration tools: SolarWinds, Observium, Infoblox and Cisco ISE
• Hold active industry-leading network certifications including but not limited to Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) / CCNA
• CCNA / CCNP or similar certifications
• Working knowledge of common Information Security frameworks and Industry accreditations i.e. ISO, NIST, PCI-DSS.
• MPLS WAN Support
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
• History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
• Alters the approach as the situation demands. Works effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups.
• Strategic strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships cross-functionally and with external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to guide coworkers to grow and develop and build strong cohesive functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate priorities and contracts with the ability to influence business decisions.
• Solid project management skills and ability to demonstrate successful project delivery.
Nice to have:
• Experience in working for US-centric / owned entities subject to SOX and SOC compliance.
• Working knowledge of Palo Alto Protection appliances.
• Cisco Call Manager / CUCM or comparable platform experience.
• Demonstrable SIP and VOIP experience/knowledge
• Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technologies (i.e. Citrix) within a complex global enterprise environment
• IDP/IPS configuration and management
• Experience in working at an International Level
• M&A Experience
If you have the outlined experience and you looking for your next Network Manager role, please apply now.Back to Jobs