SC Cleared Wintel Engineer
We currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for an SC Cleared Wintel Engineer to join our blue chip client based in Chorley, Lancashire.
Role and Responsibilities
• Technical tasks such as server build, application deployment and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Creating Low Level Designs, reviewing High Level and Low level designs.
• Time management, working in a dynamic environment often running tight deadlines.
Experience & Knowledge
The primary server operating systems are Windows with a wide variety of Microsoft and other third party vendor software implemented. The successful applicant should be MCSE qualified, or be able to show equivalent skills.
The following technical skills are mandatory and candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant (3-4 years+) experience and in depth knowledge of:
• McAfee Epo
• Lumension Security products
• Windows 2003/2008/2012 skills to MCSE level or equivalent
• (MCSE not required but candidate will be required to prove level of experience)
• Experience working in a large, structured environment.
• Familiarity with Change Control and related disciplines.
• Analytical fault finding skills
• Customer handling and Communication Skills.
• Have a working knowledge of Disaster Recovery concepts and practices
• A knowledge of bespoke application systems from early design to implementation
• A working knowledge of networking; firewalls, routing, switches, TCP/IP, ports and protocols.
• HP Hardware, racking and patching, server builds.
• Basic Concept of Windows Security Techniques
The following skills are Preferred:
• Active Directory and Group Policy
• Storage Management
• Symantec Endpoint
• Data protector
• WSUS Windows update software
• MS Clustering
• Office 365 and Windows
• Blade support and configuration
• Veritas Volume Manager & Cluster Server
• Microsoft clustering
• Citrix XPE
• NetBackup backup systems
• IIS 4/5/6 Skills
• SQL Server
Furthermore, the successful applicant must also:
• Provide early-life support to newly-delivered systems
• Be flexible in approach and available to work long hours during very busy phases of the Project
• Be prepared to work on call rota as required
• Be comfortable interacting with other teams in demanding schedules
• Be prepared to work either in baseline support or new project rollout teams
So if you are an SC Cleared Wintel Engineer looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!Back to Jobs