We have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure engineer to join a well-established organisation on a 6 month contract in Basingstoke.
• Contribute to the effective management of extensive IT infrastructure, including hardware, operating systems, applications and networking connectivity required by those systems, including on premise and cloud services.
• Support the effective management of Microsoft cloud services, including Office365, Intune, Azure AD, MS Teams, 2FA etc..
• Contribute on the business unit projects ensuring that all allocated tasks, project related or routine, are completed on time and to specification.
• Continue to develop and manage knowledge about relevant future technologies, products and to be able to provide general advice and support on appropriate IT issues to other members of IT
• Support in maintaining a high security level across all IT hardware and systems by implementing updates (including Microsoft security updates, third party updates and antivirus updates) and lead on making changes to address vulnerabilities identified by regular security assessments.
• Support the service with complex problem solving of escalated support cases which normal affect multiple users or are key to daily operation.
• Influence decisions for the implementation and maintenance of the technical infrastructure.
• Provide support for key stake holders, senior managers, and internal staff
• To assist in maintaining network infrastructure including internet, remote connections (including VPN and homeworking portals) and telephony equipment.
• To assist in the implementation and documentation of solutions to meet agreed specifications and customer requirements.
• To Maintain and develop security levels to industry best practice and relevant policies which if not adhered to could lead to significant service disruption or potential attack or data loss.
• To assist in maintaining server infrastructure both hardware and software including Windows Server, backup/restore and disaster recovery technologies.
• To maintain Microsoft Cloud environment and to assist in the management of the telephony environment including Skype, MS Teams, Mitel, SIP Trunks and border gateways.
• Undertake maintenance and upgrades of the core infrastructure to minimise the risk of service disruption and ensure continued appropriate service to members, officers and citizens.
• To identify, research, analyse and develop potential areas of improvement including process and configuration of technology.
• To assist or lead, in conjunction with senior staff, the integration and implementation of new solutions and upgrades, ensuring that assigned testing is completed to the satisfaction of all parties and that there is no adverse impact on the existing IT framework.
• To participate and contribute in meetings with customers and third parties as required.
• Research, analyse and make detailed, complex changes to the infrastructure that could impact major systems in line with the approved change management process.
• To be conversant with the functions of the other areas of IT to be able to handle day-to-day problems in the absence of other officers if necessary
• To manage relationships with customers and third parties during the life of a project to ensure that commitments and responsibilities are clearly defined with regular feedback on the status of projects and tasks.
• To work closely with third parties on specialist support calls, ensuring a timely resolution to failures
Key Experience Needed
The successful candidate will have skills and experience gain over 5+ years in:
Microsoft Azure Cloud
• Office 365 administration
• Azure AD
• MS Teams configuration
• MS Teams Telephony / Sip Trunks / Border gateways / VOIP
• Intune / Autopilot / app deployment
• Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems
• SQL Server Administration
• SAN, Networking and VMWare
So if you are in Infrastructure Engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply todayBack to Jobs